More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John P Furia has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Tendon Injuries (Tendiopathy)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
This was the worse dr. Visit I have ever had. I am one month post op from slap tear 2 surgery. Explained to him that everything was okay, but Sunday I did something and pain was so intense. He told me that I did nothing, and asked to lift up my arms. When I could not lift to 90 degrees, he proceeded to lift my arm with excruciating pain. And told me that there was no physical reason that I cannot lift my arm. Told me to close my eyes and open them. When I did he said see you can do that, you can lift your arm. I tried to tell him that the physical therapists were concerned because I was having so much pain and was not progressing. He did not want to listen to me. Instead gave me a cortizone shot. I have never had intense pain with the shots before. But this time, it hurt so bad I screamed. Asked about work, he proceeded to tell me I could not do my job, but he could not say I could not work. Because I had 2 legs and a left arm that work. He said that he would see me in 6 weeks. He treated me like a child. I have never left a dr. In tears before. If at all possible I will not return to him. I would not recommend him at all.
29 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. John P Furia accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
UPMC Health Plan
- UPMC PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSun Orthopaedic Group Inc, 900 Buffalo Rd, Lewisburg, PA
Dr. John P Furia is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Lewisburg, PA.