More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John G Allred DO
Dr. John G Allred, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Roy, UT. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. John G Allred has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. John G Allred has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 2 of 2
Long Lead Time
Self-verified patient of Dr. John G Allred - Posted on October 22nd, 2014
Dr. Allred has a great bedside manner and is likeable but he is WAY overbooked. It takes 3-4 weeks to make an appointment with him. We had to make appointments for wellness visits two months in advance. Because of the long lead time we would often mistake the appointment time, show up late, and have to reschedule for 3 weeks later. Additionally, when I called his office to report that my infant was vomiting and dry heaving after drinking formula, his staff told me I wasn't burping my infant enough. It was pretty obvious that the vomit was not just spit up and burping did not aleviate the symptoms. Because of the lead time I couldn't see the doctor about this and had to play "guess what makes my infant sick" when trying to feed my chilld. I am looking for a new pediatrician.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John G Allred - Posted on January 24th, 2013
21 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University
Graduated in 1997
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. John G Allred Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Peak Advantage - UT
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. John G Allred
Dr. Allred attended Medical School at Nova Southeastern University in Florida. He was residency trained in pediatrics at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. He is a Board Certified Peditrician. He did further training at Tripler Med Center in Hawaii, Madigan Army Med Center near Seattle, and Advanced Trauma Life Support certification in San Antonio. Captain Allred was chief of the Pediatric Dept. at Fort Leonard Wood before moving back to Ogden. There he was an instructor for the Pediatric Advanced Life Support course, the Neonatal Resuscitation Program, and Instructor/Mentor of the year for the Physician Assistant program. Dr. Allred was born in Ogden. He was raised in a family with eleven children. He was Student Body President at Ogden High School and Natural Science Senator at Weber State. He served an LDS mission in Japan and his first college degree was in Business and Japanese. Dr. Allred also served his country for three years in the army where he has scored the maximum points possible on the Army physical fitness test, and has earned the Army Commendation Medal amongst many other achievement awards. John is very happily married. He and his beautiful wife, Missy, have seven children. Dr. Allred enjoys cycling, skiing, softball, language study, reading, family time, and serving God.
Locations & Directions, ,
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John G Allred, DO - Pediatrics in Roy, UT, in this video.
Dr. John G Allred is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Roy, UT.