Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Byrne
Dr. John Byrne, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Nashville, TN, with another office in Boston, MA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular Surgery and Thoracic Surgery. Dr. Byrne is affiliated with Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Nashville, Maury Regional Medical Center and Alvin C. York Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Byrne has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Aortic Diseases
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiogenic Shock
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty & Stent
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Vessel Anomalies
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Intraoperative Complications
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myocardial Infarction
- Myocardial Reperfusion Injury
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Right Ventricular Dysfunction
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE DR.BYRNE TO HELP ME NOW. I HAD MY VALVE REPLACEMENTS ON SEPT.21,2005. I HAD A STROKE APRIL 2014 & WAS LIFE-FLIGHTED (HOT FLIGHT ) TO VANDERBILT IN NASHVILLE, TN I AM NOW GOING TO A GROUP OF VANDERBILT HEART DOCTORS IN MURFREESBORO AND HAVE HAD A APPT IN NASHVILLE TO LOOK AT MY VALVES AGAIN. I AM SCARED. I HAVE GOOD DOCTORS I THINK BUT I KNOW THE ONE I SEEN ISNT REALLY WANTING TO DO A 3RD OPEN HEART ON ME/VALVE REPLACEMENTS. I WISH DR.BYRNE COULD SEE ME WITH HIS OPINION OF THE TEE TEST ONCE I GO HAVE IT DONE. I DONT WANT TO DIE. DR..BYRNE SAVED MY LIFE BEFORE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER AND IN BETTER HEALTH. I NEED HIS EXPERTISE MORE THAN EVER NOW AS I AM OLDER. I SEE STILL AFFLIATED WITH VANDERBILT.
Dr Bryne was recommended to me by 2 other surgeons and 2 other cardiologists from Mass Gen and Maine Med He talked me out of repairing my bicuspid aortic valve for reasons that i was understood and was right for me. He took a lot of time explaining things to me in simple language with a tremendous amount of confidence and assurance. he followed up with me in the icu day 2, 3 4 and 5. Follow up after 3 weeks was great. It was worth traveling far to have him and his team from Brigham & Woman's hospital perform my heart surgery
Dr. Byrne is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Nashville
Maury Regional Medical Center
Alvin C. York Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Vanderbilt University Hospital
Maury Regional Hospital
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
The Vanderbilt Heart and Vascular Institute primary
26 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. John Byrne accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Byrne in this video.
Dr. John Byrne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.