Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John G Lee
Dr. John G Lee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Orange, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Lee is affiliated with Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center, Sharp Memorial Hospital and Palomar Medical Center Poway. Dr. Lee has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John G Lee has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John G Lee has the following 11 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. John G Lee has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John G Lee is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
First of all, I never got to see the doctor so I can only rate his staffs and the people who work at UCI medical center. I've been trying to setup an appointment because my primary doctor referred to this specialist. It's been 4+ weeks, and I'm finally giving up on seeing him. Every time I call to setup an appointment, (usually 30 mins waiting), the person tells me that someone would call me in 2~3 days. They never do. It's very very frustrating. I don't care how good the doctor is. If I cannot see him, then he's no good for me.
Great technically. Wonderful explanation of the procedure. Before seeking out Dr. Lee (he is out-of-network), I had had an aborted ERCP (due to stomach blockage I had mentioned to him) for an inflamed bile duct with no other symptoms. The first physician did not listen at all and assumed I needed an ERCP with a stint After the aborted procedure, I had Dr. Lee recommended by 4 people so I sought him out. He did an endoscopic ultrasound before doing the ERCP, found that the bile duct had shrunk, saw no reason for ERCP and this whole ordeal was over. I would highly recommend Dr. Lee.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Lee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Dr. John G Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUc Irvine Medical Center, 101 the City Dr S, Orange, CA
Dr. John G Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Orange, CA.