Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Gainor has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John A Gainor has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Replacement
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
Dr. John A Gainor has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John A Gainor is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I went to see Dr. Gainor because of pain in my hip, suspecting I needed a hip replacement. He was efficient and assuring and confirmed the diagnosis. Before I left, the surgery was scheduled and I was directed by the staff in preparation. I was 69 years old at the time of surgery. The surgery was done without complications, I was left with a 4" scar, was only in the hospital for 3 days, then went home after full training in how to handle the recovery. The entire staff was supportive and provided good instruction. Given physiotherapy instruction first at home and then at another facility, my recovery was quick. I walked before I left the hospital, moved without aids by one week, and within six months had full range of motion with my leg including being able to pull my knee to my chest. I returned to my full exercise program and continued to progress until by 2 years, I had no sensation of ever having had the surgery and can engage in all activities I did prior to surgery. Dr. Gainor's manner was light, professional, attentive and thorough. Everything moved along exceptionally well through the process. I would recommend him without hesitation and would return for a repeat performance on the other hip if time requires it.
I felt alright about my experience until a year later when I was still having problems and found out the surgery was not done correctly and had to go in for a second surgery to correct it.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gainor is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
55 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1963
Dr. John A Gainor accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSansum Santa Barbara Medical, 4151 Foothill Rd, Santa Barbara, CA
Dr. John A Gainor is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Barbara, CA.