Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Garofalo has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne Rosacea
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
Showing 5 of 31
Dr Garofalo is fantastic. He gets to the root of your problem and follows up on it. My big problem is with the office manager (Janet) and the billing dept (Margret) I overpaid my co-payment on 3 occasions and i was in communication with Margret She suggested to me that i use the credit amount on my next visits i said no refund me the $60. She put me off until the last claim was paid by my insurance company. It was paid already that's how i found about the over payment.She just kept putting me off and finally she explained that the office manager forgot to approve it. After my last call i was told by Margret that i would receive the check within 10 days, She explained the office manager forgot. Well it did not happen On the 11th day after i called the office again and spoke to Janet she did not recall any of this. There is a dis function between them Margret(Billing) and Janet (office manager) they kept blaming each other
He is kind, takes time with you, and the most experienced dermatologist around here. very popular in our area. from the old school of medicine which was not so focused on profits at the patient's expense. make your appt. earlier in the day and the wait will be relatively short. He sees my kids for skin conditions, including acne and warts, and done more complex procedures as well.
Dr. Garofalo is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1976
New York Medical College
Dr. John A Garofalo accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGreat Neck Dermatology Pc, 233 E Shore Rd Ste 102, Great Neck, NY
Dr. John A Garofalo is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Great Neck, NY.