Dr. John Gearhart Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Gearhart?

Long wait times, up to an hour or more

Posted on June 20th, 2017

I have no real issues with Dr. Gearhart except for the wait times It was so frustrating I decided to seek a new doctor

Very Slow To Follow Through...Referals Refills Lab Results

Posted on July 13th, 2016

Two criticisms I have this of this doctor 1. The wait times are usually one hour more 2. He fails to follow up, and by that I mean, establishing a referral, or, returning your results of the study or blood work, and finally, refilling medications in a timely manner… All of these are not done in a timely manner.

Posted on March 9th, 2016

Waited 1.5 hours before getting back into a room then another 30 min in the room. This happens every time. Possibly a scheduling issue.

Not Efficient

Posted on August 21st, 2015

The waiting time is about 1 hour in the waiting room, and then another 50-75min in the patient room. This has been consistent with me the last 5 appointments I've had during the years. Also, I feel sorry for my insurance company...As he will invariably select the "25min with patient" when he usually spends about 10nin with you, unless it is a physical exam. I do honestly believe he is very smart, simply not efficient. Also, on two occasions, he "coded" my diagnosis incorrectly, which was eventually changed. I am looking elsewhere for a PCP, and simply would not recommend.

Posted on July 6th, 2015

GREAT CARING DR. GAVE THE MOST COMPLETE EXAM EVER.

Avoid

Posted on February 1st, 2015

Wait time runs about 1 1/2 hours. It is also not easy to get an appt. Would say avoid.

Highly Recommend

Posted on March 12th, 2014

I had Dr. Gearhardt as my PCP about 6 years ago. At that time, his office staff was very rude. I returned to him after moving back into the area and it appears the staff may have had some turn over. They were very pleasant. As for Dr. Gearhardt, I could not ask for a more caring PCP. I've been in several areas of Oklahoma and seeing Dr. Gearhardt again is a huge relief. He is proactive and practices like your health is as his own. My last appt, I was worked in the same day as I called and waited only 10 minutes. Great Doctor!

Be Prepared to Wait 1-2 Hours

Posted on December 29th, 2013

Our family began a relationship with Dr. Gearhart about 8 years ago. At first, we were all very impressed. However, as the years went on, we noticed that on (4) different occasions, we were billed too much. The office staff did look over all four events, and credited our account. However, the most disturbing aspect that I would like to share with you is that following a motor vehicle accident..... (MVA) when sending in an insurance claim, the office (Gearhart's office) coded it CVA..... .OR cerebral vascular disease -- CVA--- I lost my car insurance a few months later.

Posted on October 16th, 2013

Be prepared to wait (in the waiting room) for about 1 1/2 hours, before you enter the exam room, and wait another hour. Then, do not be shocked that the time spent with him is about 10min.

Posted on July 2nd, 2013

Very nice, very efficient.... very pleasant....professional

Very caring doctor!!!!!

Posted on October 6th, 2012

My family and I have been going to see Dr. Gearhart since the 80's and we could not have asked for a more caring and loving doctor. Dr. G. has been through some of the most trying times in our lives and has put himself out to be there whenever he was needed. This doctor is the closest thing to the "TV" Marcus Welby that you will ever find in this day and age and his staff is also the best in the business.Love You Dr. G.!!!!

One of a kind doctor

Posted on April 4th, 2012

Dr Gearhart is the most caring compassionate doctor that I have met or seen. If the wait time is long, it's because he is doing a thorough examination of the patients before you or on the phone with a hospital or patient. He visits his patients in the ICU, which a lot of doctors will not do. He will call personally with lab results. I am an RN and have worked with him before and am now a patient. His front staff member was very rude to me when I went to make my initial appt, but having a doctor like that is worth it!