Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John S Georgakopoulos has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John S Georgakopoulos has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. John S Georgakopoulos has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 10
As far as I know, Dr. George is no longer a practicing physician. He is now a teaching physician with the University of Michigan. It is rare to find a good physician and he is missed. I have spent the last 2 years looking for another Dr. since he sold his practice. The Dr. who purhcased his practice is foreign. While I have no problem with a foreign Dr. who speaks understandable English, unfortunately, most of the foreign Drs are very difficult to understand due to the accent inherent to their native language. They should offer a class to rectify this problem so that Drs with a first language other than English will not have such a barrier with their patients. I believe that it is important for me to be able to understand what my Dr is telling me about my health. We miss you Dr. George!
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Dr. John S Georgakopoulos accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCovenant Medexpress West, 5570 State St Ste 1, Saginaw, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John S Georgakopoulos, DO - Family Medicine in Saginaw, MI, in this video.
Dr. John S Georgakopoulos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saginaw, MI.