Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Gillick
Dr. John Gillick, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Occupational Medicine, Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology. Dr. Gillick is affiliated with Sharp Memorial Hospital, Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego and Children's Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Gillick has the following 3 specialties
- Occupational Medicine
You might work with an occupational therapist when you’re injured or if you have a disability. They rehabilitate and assist patients with every day activities, such as eating, getting dressed, working and attending social events. This includes self-care, leisure and work-related activities that lead to increased independence and development. Their goal is to empower people to still live the life they want despite any physical, developmental, social and/or emotional issues they might face.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. John Gillick is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Gillick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sharp Memorial Hospital
Scripps Mercy Hospital San Diego
Children's Health Center
UC San Diego Health System
Children's Hospital - San Diego
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla
UCSD Med Center La Jolla
UC San Diego Health System
UCSD Med Center Hillcrest
Sharp Community Medical Group
45 Years Experience
Saint Louis University
Graduated in 1968
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJohn S Gillick, 1947 Cable St, San Diego, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Gillick in this video.
Dr. John Gillick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.