Dr. John Goosey Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Goosey?

Posted on December 5th, 2016

very well run office, courteous staff and professional team work.

Glad I chose Dr Goosey

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

I interviewed 3 Doctors before selecting Dr. Goosey for my lasik and I'm so glad I did for 3 reasons: 1) he's been performing LASIK longer than most doctors 2) he uses the latest techniques - so I don't have the "halo" effect around lights at night 3) I experienced a complication with one of my lenses not cooperating during surgery and he managed to save my sight! He performed my surgery in 2010 and 6 years later my vision is still perfect. Absolutely no complaints.

Posted on August 18th, 2016

top flight specialist....great personality, super professional staff

Posted on July 2nd, 2016

I really appreciate how knowledgeable Dr. Goosey is about corneal disease and surgery. I have him to thank for my vision. He is a really great person and doctor.

Posted on May 31st, 2016

I had partial cornea transplants in both eyes, and it as very successful. I would recommend Dr. Goosey as 5 star in every way.

Excellent Service

Posted on July 6th, 2015

Dr Goosey is a thorough Professional. He did my both cataracts and I have been following him up annaully for the last few years.

Only trust the best

Posted on November 15th, 2013

I had been wanting LASIK for several years but was nervous about elective surgery. I did tons of research and asked my family doctor if he knew a Opthalmolagist he would trust. He said Dr. Goosey had done his eyes several years earlier and it was one of the best decisions hes made. My doc said that Dr. Goosey does almost all the healthcare professionals in Houston. That started to set my mind at ease. I went for consults at LASIK Plus and with Goosey. Goosey was more expensive but I felt way more comfortable there. Dr. Goosey sees all of his patients before and after the surgery. At LASIK Plus I was going to be followed by their Optometrist and only see the surgeon on the day of my procedure. LASIK Plus also tried way too hard to sell me on the procedure. At Goosey's office I met with the Refractive Coordinator named Jake. He was super nice and patient with me. He expained all about the different technologies and why theirs were better then their competitors. I had found a list if 50 questions to ask your LASIK Surgeon on the internet. Jake answered every question to my satisfaction. By the time I met with Dr. Goosey I really did not have any questions for him. He just reviewed all my testing and told me he could make me a happy camper. I scheduled my surgery two weeks later and if I had known how easy it was going to be then I would have done it much sooner. Dr. Goosey and his staff walked me through each step of the procedure and it was over before I even had a chance to get too nervous. I think the Valium also helped with that. I went home after the procedure and took a nap for a few hours. When I awoke I could see perfectly. I read 20/15 at my post-op visit the next morning. Dr. Goosey seemed genuinely excited for me about my outcome. I know he's probably used to that sort of thing but it was really nice of him to share in my excitment. If you are thinking about LASIK then he is the only one I would trust. I hope this review will be helpful to someone who is trying to find a surgeon they can trust.

The best doctor I've ever seen

Posted on October 9th, 2013

I was in the Opthalmology field for almost 10 years in pharmaceutical sales, so I know all of the best doctors in the area. Dr. Goosey is by far the best in town and is considered to be one of the top five corneal surgeons in the country. Because of my job, I am frequently asked to recommend a Opthalmologist and I always send them to Dr. Goosey. Every patient I have sent his way have told me how impressed they were with their experience. He has done LASIK or cataract surgery on many friends and family members. Each time the result has exceeded their expectations. Thank you Dr. Goosey and staff for all of the wonderful work you have preformed over the years.

Dr. Goosey is the BEST!!!

Posted on October 1st, 2013

I had been wanting to get LASIK for a long time and did not know where to go. I asked my Optometrist Dr. Arnould if he could recommend anyone and he said that he actually had the procedure done himself by a Dr. Goosey. I found this pretty comforting that my own eye doctor had done the procedure and also that other doctors usually know who go to see for medical care. I went home started reading on Angie's List about him and it was all positive. Then I came to Vitals and saw all positive reviews except for one referencing his bedside manner. Taking all my research into account I made an appointment. They got me in the next day and I could not have been more pleased with my experience. I first met with their Surgical Counselor who answered all my questions and told me all about their technology. Then Dr. Goosey came in to check my eyes and review all of my testing. He was very pleasant and warm. He shook my hand, called me by my first name, and told me to call him John. He did not seem to have the usual air of superiority that some surgeons have. He went over everything with me and asked if I had any questions. I told him that his counselor had done such a good job explaining everything that I had no additional questions for him other than how soon can I get my surgery? He laughed and said "He would treat my eyes as if they were his own." The way he said it left me with no doubt he was being sincere. He also said "It was going to be a game changer for me in a positive way." I had my LASIK a week later and it has been the best money I have ever spent. It's only been three weeks, but I had no idea how much I would enjoy not having to mess with glasses and contacts. The way he did my LASIK I don't even have to wear reading glasses. Dr. Goosey and his Staff walked me through each part of the process and acted genuinely excited for me about my outcome. One thing I like is the fact that I see Dr. Goosey every time I go in for an appoinment. My coworker had LASIK at another large practice in town and she said that she only saw her surgeon at the time of her surgery and has not seen him since. I guess not everyone gives the level of care that I am used to at Dr, Goosey's practice. I would recomend John to anyone who is interested in changing their life for the better with vision correction. He was right. It has been a total game changer for me. I want everone to experience what having perfect vision is like. I'm paying for my husband to have LASIK for his Christmas present. I couldn't think of a better gift than the gift of sight and that's just what Dr. Goosey has given me. Thank you so much!!!

Why see a specialist

Posted on October 1st, 2013

I had horrible vision and had severe trouble with driving at night because of halos and glare. I did my research and spoke with friends who are doctors about who I should see for LASIK. Dr. Goosey is the name that kept coming up. I did my research and found out that he was one of only two doctors in Houston who have the newest LASIK platform called the FS-200 and Allegretto wave EYE-Q. I also found out that almost every doctor in the area who's had the procedure went to Dr. Goosey. Everyone was right about him. He was very attentive and his staff walked me through the entire process. I now have 20/15 vision and see perfect at night because he did my LASIK with the new machine. I found out that all the other LASIK lasers actually cause your night vision it be worse after surgery. My dad also came here after he had another large practice in town mess his eyes up. He's now as happy as I am. I would recommend Dr. Goosey to anyone who wants their surgery done by a Corneal Specialist with the best technology on the market.

The Goosey Experience!

Posted on September 20th, 2013

It is true what I read that it just makes sense to have a corneal expert be the one to do LASIK on your eyes. Thank you Dr. Goosey.

Warm & Caring

Posted on September 19th, 2013

Dr. Goosey has performed LASIK surgury for me as well as regular eye exams. Dr. Goosey and his staff are warm, friendly and caring. I did not have LASIK until I was in my 40s. Over 10 years later I still do not need glasses for anything except reading. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Goosey performed a miracle for me.