Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John C Gorman has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I needed a local physician and went to him to follow up on fibromyalgia, but he decided I had lupus instead. This was after being diagnosis buy a nationally know expert. This is after having been treated for FMS for 20 years. I was shocked at first but went along with it thinking I developed lupus. When meds for lupus were working he suddenly changed his dx to rheumatoid arthritis!!! He had NO BASIS FOR THIS DX. None of my tests indicated I had lupus. I dumped him that day and found another who continued to treat me for FMS.
44 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. John C Gorman accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNashua Rheumatology, 10 Prospect St Ste 201, Nashua, NH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John C Gorman in this video.
Dr. John C Gorman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashua, NH.