Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John A Goss Jr
Dr. John A Goss Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Goss is affiliated with Methodist Hospital and CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Goss has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John A Goss Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Liver Diseases
- Liver Transplantation
- Liver Removal (Hepatectomy)
- Skin Transplantation (Dermatoplasty)
- Reperfusion Injury
- Heart Transplantation
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Failure
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
Showing 5 of 24
Our oncologist referred us to him after a new spot was discovered on his liver. We called for a full week before someone finally called us back with scheduled appointment. We drove 3 hours one way for appointment only to be told we needed new scans because there was conflicting report from previous oncologist scan. Had new scans took another 2 full weeks before anyone called to let us know how we needed to proceed. Actually I had to get our oncologist involved in getting our results. Another 2 weeks passed and the hospital called to verify our insurance for the upcoming surgery??? No one from doctor called. I had to call dr office only to be told we needed to drive 3 hours the day before for preop bloodwork. Jumped through hoops to get kids and animals taken care of for the week. Made it to Houston received a call at 137 a.m that surgery was canceled. While I knew transplants come before other surgeries the way this whole situation has been handled is frustrating. If your looking for a transplant surgeon he's your man but if you have any other liver issues I'd look elsewhere.
Dr. Goss Is a wonderful doctor and took such wonderful care of my 4 year daughter when she needed a liver transplant. He has such a warm caring heart. He has continued to take good care of her through our pediatric hematologist. I could not say anything at all negative about him. Even my daughter now 6 thinks he was a super hero that help to save her life.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Goss is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Barnes Jewish Hospital
Dr. John A Goss Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBaylor College Of Medicine Medical Center, 1709 Dryden Rd Ste 750, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John A Goss Jr in this video.
Dr. John A Goss Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.