Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John D Grigas has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
Showing 5 of 12
I have treated with Dr. Grigas for approximately 3 years. I found him pleasant and an acceptable bedside manner. What I did not find acceptable was that perscriptions were not called in in a timely manner. After happening 3 times, I sent Dr. Grigas a letter because sometimes Doctors do not know their staff are not competent. Recently it happened again. After two phone calls and running out of my inhaler, the perscription was called in to my BCBS mail order drug company; however, he also called in a rescue inhaler which I had not asked for. A three month supply was received which cost me $117. The mail order company would not take them back and Dr. Grigas' office said "there was nothing that they could do". I will be changing MD's as well as filing a complaint with the FL Board of Health.
I had no problem with wait time. Dr. Grigas was friendly and courteous. I thought he had a good bedside manner. He and his staff were friendly and very friendly. The follow-up was also very good. My overall rating was a 4 star.
Doctor Gregas was kind, knowledgeable and very thorough. I am very pleased with the staff, the doctor, my diagnosis and treatment. Dr. Gregas is a straight forward kind of doctor with no kidding around, in my opinion, however, he is extremely knowledgeable and found things that prior physicians had missed and I was not aware of. I am extremely satisfied with my care here.
Dr. Grigas treated my Mom inpatient @ Baptist for 7 weeks. My Mom had a surgery that did not go well and she did pass away from this. Dr. Grigas treated my Mom daily for 7 weeks. I have no fault to find with his medical care but, he was SO VERY RUDE!!! EVERY DAY FOR 7 WEEKS!!! WORST BEDSIDE MANNER EVER!!
Dr. Grigas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. John D Grigas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichard Alton Reid Md, 1325 San Marco Blvd Ste 300, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John D Grigas in this video.
Dr. John D Grigas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.