Dr. John Gunderman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John Gunderman?

Great Dr

Posted on August 9th, 2017

He cares about his patients. He cares about helping his patients.

Rude and demeaning staff

Posted on May 25th, 2017

This Dr was highly recommended. So we called, made the appointment, gave our insurance etc... all the normal stuff. This woman was nice. We had to wait a month, but I was assured that he was worth the wait. So on pins and needles we wait! The day of the appointment, we each have to take half a day off work and pull our daughter our of school early, but we do it. That is what is you do for your child and to see a good Dr, right? We arrive and are told, oh no, we don't accept HMOs. Well, I gave this information before, surely someone ran our insurance and confirmed everything, right? She comes back with her billing person who proceeds to chastise us for having an HMO. Oh no, they do not lower themselves to take an HMO. I repeated that we had given the information when we made the appointment but she just shrugs and acts like my insurance is a piece of trash as she hands it backs to me. I go from an exhausted, worried yet hopeful parent to a worried, exhausted, humiliated parent leaving in tears. There was no patience, compassion or willingness to even try to help. We leave with my now confused daughter who becomes upset and says "but I wanted the Dr to fix me". I hope this is seen by the office and specifically that person. You should be ashamed of yourself!!!

Good Dr..Lousy staff

Posted on September 24th, 2016

My daughter was seen by Dr. Gunderman a few times, last time was 2009..She had been fine all these years , but now starting to have issues again..I called the other day to see if we could be seen again as she had been as established patient that we had seen many times and he even prescribed medication for her as well, for a few years, snobby receptionist, wish I knew her name, older woman that's all I remember .. that was snobby back then too, told me that Oh, no, she hasn't been here for so long that we can't take her back now because she is 18..Hello!! Pediatric..that means up to 21 for Primary Care Dr's..just completely felt that she didn't give a CRAP ..told to seek an Adult Dr...don't worry, I have no problem doing that..After I write a SCATHING review about your complete lack of compassion..she also mentioned that my insurance company was the worst to work with..well, sorry again honey,,that is what I have, didn't really have a choice as that is what my employer offers.. Dr. Gunderman is Ok..but he needs a COMPASSIONATE, CARING STAFF!!! I gave 2 stars because of the STAFF, it's what makes an office!! I work in a Dr.s office, so I know firsthand how important they are..

Rude and Insulting

Posted on September 9th, 2014

We saw Dr. Gunderman for an ADHD assessment. He barely spent any time with our child and merely lectured us on parenting techniques. We left with no more knowledge than we came in with, but were insulted and treated rudely. Not only were we seen 40 minutes late, but we were ignored through a good portion of our intake because the doctor decided to take a phone call in the middle of it, without so much as an "excuse me". He acted as though he had us "all figured out" from the moment we walked through the door, then proceeded to talk down to us and basically ignore our concerns. Perhaps he does better with severe neurological conditions, but I would never recommend this doctor for a child with possible ADD/ADHD.

THE BEST!

Posted on May 28th, 2014

4 stars is not enough to rate this amazing man and caring and dedicated staff. A doctor who actually takes time with parents and children, spending his time addressing concerns instead of loading info into a computer! His staff is sweet and comforting, very easy to deal with whether confirming your appointment, providing test results, or calming a parents' fears. Kudos to Dr. Gunderman and his wonderful staff!

Posted on March 22nd, 2013

Dr. Gunderman is a fantastic doctor. I have never felt so much compasion and general care from a doctor in any field of medicine.

Wonderful memories

Posted on March 17th, 2013

Many years ago my daughter developed Febrile Seizures, and we were referred to Dr. Gunderman. I have only very good memories of him and complete trust in the healthcare he gave my daughter....who by the way is 34 yrs old today, and a Corporate Accountant.

Excellent Doctor

Posted on August 11th, 2010

Dr. Gunderman is a very dedicated doctor who really understands his patients. He listens carefully to the parents and has amazing rapport with his patients. My son has gone to this amazing doctor for years and he has given my son a wonderful life in control of his seizures. Thank you Dr. Gunderman....

Saved my son's life!during a hospital stay where a whole staff of doctors and tests couldn't figure out what was wrong. Great, caring and observant doctor.

Posted on April 13th, 2010