Dr. John L Gwin Jr Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. John L Gwin Jr?

Wonderful doctor and person

I have been with Dr. Gwin since 2004 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I trust this man with my life. I have continued treating with Dr. Gwin for other medical problems because of his expertise, his Christian and gentlemanly manners and his genuine concern of the well-being for his patients.

Referred in hospital for emergency surgery. Very compassionate and competent man.

Doctor Gwin is one of the best in Chattanooga Tennessee I know Because i had him .I will go to Dr. Gwin again .

I am 71 years old and had a gall bladder attack, Dr Gwin was recommended and he did my surgery. I really liked him as a person, and he put my mind at ease. I was treated quickly, and recovered quickly, He has a great office staff who were friendly and professional.

bed side manner very poor, poor follow up, i had a partial gastrectomy 4 mo ago and for the last 5 week ive had increased abd pain very severe at times and constantly hurts , he said very little with no meds given and to come back in 6 months, my god i hope you have a good gi md because this surgeon does not care ive worked with many doctors over the last 20 years and would never recommend this dr to anyone he may be a good surgeon but a patient needs more than a dr that is just good with a scalpel

Outstanding Experience

Dr. Gwin was knowledgeable and skillful. He worked with my urologist so that they were able to complete three surgical procedures at one time. My surgery was simple umbilical hernia repair and everything went well.

Would go back if staff wasnt so clueless...

I have been a patient of Dr. Gwin for almost 7 years. He has had a change of staff and they went from being an efficient, caring, well oiled machine to hair twirling girls. I did not receive a call the day before my appt as I always have. I had a biopsy and had to call three times before I was given results. When people are dealing with cancer you should have people who genuinely care...not just working for a paycheck.

Dr. Gwin is an excellent surgeon and caring individual

Last year I had surgery for cancer performed by Dr. Gwin. I have wonderful range of motion and minimal scarring. He truly cares about his patients and has spent time answering all my questions. He treats me like a friend, and directly answers questions at my level of comprehension of medical terms and procedures.

Excellent care

Amazing

I went to see Dr. Gwin as a referral from my OB/Gyn for a breast cancer concern. Dr. Gwin's office called me to set up the appointment, got me in the next day, and brought me back to an exam room as soon as I walked through the door. They stated that they did this because they knew that I as was scared, and they wanted to address my concerns as quickly as possible. Dr. Gwin was courteous, professional, and very easy to talk to. His staff waited until my exam was over to have me fill out the necessary paperwork. Overall, considering the nature of the meeting, I could not have been more pleased with how the process went!

Worse Doctor I've ever seen

I was referred to this doctor after my chemotherapy for followup since he was a surgical onocologist. This man did biopsys on me every 3 months causing more scar tissue to develop. he then sched me for a "biopsy" that he said needed to be done in the hosp and when he came in to speak with me at my schedule appt time, he saw a female friend of his that was scheduled for him 2 hrs after my scheduled time. He took her ahead of me and told me I could wait. I developed Staff infection after the last biopsy he did on my in his office and he refused to see me or call me until i was driven to his office at the hosp and my spouse demanded that he see me. I had to wait 2 hrs for him to see me, i had a 104 degree temp, lethargic, listless and almost comatose, he told my spouse he didn't think there was anything wrong with me, but he would admit me to the hosp. which he did and promply left town for the holidays.Never checked on me or anything. needless to say I never went back to him and never will. I ended up with so much volume loss due to his "necessary" biopsy's and a hole that did not heal that my breast sparing lumpectomy went bad and i ended up having to have a masectomy, STAY AWAY FROM THIS MAN!

needs to be more friendly