Dr. John Alexander Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. John Alexander?

Unethical

Posted on August 8th, 2017

Friends, chances are if you are seeking revision surgery from Dr. Alexander you've been told you have a jejunal divertculum. This seems to be the diagnosis of choice. Every revision patient I have met since my ordeal had the same diagnosis, which is supposedly extremely rare. Before you use Dr. A I urge you to please do your homework. I thought I had, but after having issues after surgery I dug deeper and found warring signs that I missed. I was desperate for help and he told me everything I wanted to hear. He claimed to know exactly what was wrong with me, and promised me when he was done I would have the "Rolls Royce" of bariatric surgeries. He promised a "virgin" pouch with a modified stoma to restrict intake and it would be better than my original surgery. (I lost 120 lbs on my original surgery and gained 10lbs since his surgery). I explained to Dr. A that I had tried to have a revision before but I had a lot of scar tissue because my original surgery in 2000 was an open procedure. He assured me that it was not problem and that this is what he does and he's the best at it. It was only months later after no weight loss and less restriction than I had before surgery that I found out he could not give me a virgin pouch as promised because of my scar tissue. He also said that he did not want me to have a restriction as that is a "deficit" and having a deficit is bad for weight loss which is why he stopped doing lap bands. Meaning, his whole story changed. He further went on to say that my procedure was still perfect and he refused to do any follow up tests (EGD, MRI, etc.) to see what might be wrong. His solution was for me to eat more soup. The outcome of my surgery was only the main issue with using Dr. A, but there were more: * Cost thousands more than what I was promised the out of pocket would be. * There were insurance shenanigans between him and Dr. Stephen which had to be investigated by my insurance company. * At one point he even denied he did my surgery despite the medical records I was finally able to obtain. * When I told him I was going to tell my story here and other online rating media if he did not fix my surgery or refund my money, he had his lawyer write me a letter threatening to sue me. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS BUTCHER

Posted on July 3rd, 2017

Keep clear of his office and his hospital if you want to stay healthy!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THIS DR AND HIS HOSPITAL-FIRST BAPTIST MEDICAL CENTER

Posted on May 22nd, 2017

This doctor and his staff are nothing but liars. From the receptionists to the insurance handlers. Nurses and doctor included. He supposedly did my surgery over 5 months ago. Im still vomiting on a daily basis, still cant eat solids and have lost over 50 lbs. I look HORRIBLE!! I ended up with a staff infection while I was in the hospital. But, they paid it no mind. Got sent home and right back in the ER and hospitalized for another week. I was given overdose of medications......too much to list. But with whatvibe given you, you need to turn back and seek another doctor. They do lie about the insurance. Talk with your insurance company BEFORE allowing any doctor to touch you. You could end up with a $240,000 unpaid medical bill like me.

Posted on April 26th, 2016

Beware you will end up paying more money then quoted. I was asked for a bunch of money up front and now it's never ending. Was told dr was in network w my insurance company turned out he's not nor anyone he uses. Dr was friendly and knowledgeable his billing sept sucks and can't get their stories straight!!

Unsanitary, terrible surgeon

Posted on November 12th, 2015

Most unsanitary, untimely, uncaring Dr. I've ever been around. Has not a care in the world about you- you see him once and never again. 2+ hr wait for appts. Terrible- I wouldn't trust him to remove a mole.

Don't believe the negative reviews

Posted on October 27th, 2015

I read the other reviews and want to add more details to my review. I traveled from Oklahoma to see Dr. Alexander. I arrived 3 hours earlier than they expected. The Staff AND Dr. Alexander did everything they could to accomate my early arrival. I think I waited a maximum of 20 minutes to see Dr. Alexander. Everyone went out of there way to do all they could for me, so my trips back prior to my surgery day would be as few as possible. I am very impressed with everyone in this office and Dr. Alexander. I just cannot imagine why anyone would have a negative comment to make.

Great experience!

Posted on October 21st, 2015

Everyone in the office, including Dr. Alexander are amazing! I'm so glad I found him.

Posted on September 16th, 2015

Very little information shared. Zero nutrition counseling and never saw the doctor again after surgery. Awful experience. Was very confusing, did not care about pain management. They only care about ensuring you hit a quota for weight loss. Was made to follow a clear liquid diet for 8 weeks. It was very difficult and the lack of protein was not good.

Nice doctor

Posted on June 27th, 2015

I was reading reviews,people sure do lie on these doctors ?Dr Alexander is one of the nicest doctors you will ever meet and yes he does ALOT he also removed my gallbladder and told me about all the cysts I have

best weight loss doctor in Dallas,Texas

Posted on March 24th, 2015

I would definitely choose this doctor again and I recommend him to anyone that asks how I lost so much weight.I went to Mexico to get a lap band (was not good for follow ups) Dr.Alexander is the best revision doctor if you are considering a revision or having issues from work done in another country Dr.Alexander ,his staff the hospital everyone is just awesome,please see Dr.Alexander I started at 240pounds and got to 120 pounds nothing tastes as good as wearing a size 5!!!!! I don't know what else to say overall he is just "the best".

The worst Dr. I have ever visited.

Posted on July 13th, 2014

He does a lot more than weight loss surgery. Took out my appendix after waiting15 hours of agonizing pain. Even other Doctors told my very upset husband on the phone to leave his hospital and go get REAL help elsewhere. Bedside manner was the worst, follow up was days later while I was still in the hospital. I got a Staff infection from the surgery. Have a 7 inch vertical scar from what should have been a routine procedure. I have been told he waited at least 12 hours to long to perform the initial surgery, thus making the whole appendicmy much worse. I ended back in the hospital for the staff infection which was as bad a the original surgery. Bottom line DO NOT USE THIS DOCTOR TO CLEAN THE WAX OUT OF YOUR EARS! Overall rating would be a negative 5. I can no longer wear a batingsuit because of his inferior lack of skill.

Worst thing is the wait...

Posted on June 4th, 2013

The doctor and his staff are very competent, friendly and courteous. The only problem is that when you have an appointment with the doctor, get ready to wait. My longest wait has been 2:00hrs the best has been 1:00hr. As completely unacceptable as that is I'm a bit stuck, since my procedure is done. I also wish they would have been more fourth comming with general information ie. diet to follow and things to expect. They tell you you can call anytime but I'd like to have reading materials. Maybe not giving you reading materials forces you to make more office appointments...