Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John J Habicht
Dr. John J Habicht, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Macomb, MI, with other offices in Sterling Heights, MI and Macomb, MI . He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Habicht is affiliated with Beaumont Hospital - Troy. He speaks English.
Dr. John J Habicht has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John J Habicht has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. John J Habicht is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have been seeing Dr. Habicht for the last 9 years for physicals and health concerns. He always asks questions and listens. He has given me advice on how a procedure may be covered under insurance. He referred me to a good doctor when there was a concern. The only issue is that he is a bit rushed, seemingly due to Obamacare regulations that take doctor's time away from patients, which he told me about when asked, but didn't complain about it.
I took my daughter to Dr Habicht for an annual exam as well as addressing some issues she had been having with her menstrual cycle for the past few months. Dr. Habicht's response was to send us to the ER for Abdominal cramps...After I asked him why we would go to the ER for menstrual cramps, he told us he does not typically handle "women's issue"....Being that my father is a Family Physician and my mother a women's health Nurse Practitioner, I expected Dr. Habicht to be able to address the issue or at least start the process of performing test/exams/treatment or referring us to a specialist (which typically in my experience that is what a Family Physician does)...But instead he thought the menstrual cramps were grounds for an ER visit...I was not impressed with his bedside manner either...Felt very rushed and he spent much of his time typing on the computer rather than interacting and diagnosing his patient. We will not be choosing him as our PCP...On the other hand, we found (on our own with no help of Dr. Habicht) an AMAZING Adolescent Medicine (Dr. Joy Friedman) doctor who did a GREAT job with addressing my daughter's issues....Would not recommend this Doctor to anyone...
Dr. Habicht is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
16 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. John J Habicht accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John J Habicht in this video.
Dr. John J Habicht is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macomb, MI.