Dr. John J Halperin Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. John J Halperin?

Don't Go To This Doctor

I tried to tell this Dr. Halperin that I have pins and needles and numbness in my mouth, hands and feet 24/7. He said that is hyperventilating - I am not hyperventilating - he misdiagnosed me. There is something definitely wrong with me - I have vertigo and pulsatile tinnitus (24/7) and he said I just had anxiety. I brought my cd's and reports to him and just ignored some of the things I brought up to him and said it was nothing and that I just had anxiety. I said do you think I am getting this from medication I am taking and his answer was "it could be". As soon as he gave me a full exam and really didn't find anything wrong, he writes it off to hyperventilating and anxiety. He didn't know what else to say. Terrible doctor. He's getting paid a lot of money for nothing.

Knowledgable, professional, respectful

My daughter had been diagnosed with a very serious condition by another Neurologist, then a Neurosurgeon scoffed at that diagnosis. We needed a third opinion and went to Dr Halperin. While we did have to wait to get in to see him, it was well worth the time, as we were treated with respect, kindness, understanding and professionalism. All our questions were taken seriously and answered. I am presently recommending him to someone who has a problem as well.

Doctor's are hiding the truth about Lyme Disease!

Stay away from this doctor, especially if you are a Lyme Disease patient. He does not have your best interest in mind..He does not know how to treat Lyme disease properly and he is not honest. He is in the pockets of the health insurance companies, IDSA, and CDC. He is taking his part in the political scandal that surrounds Lyme Disease. He says lyme tests are accurate and virtually everyone gets a positive.That is FAR from the truth! In fact, In VA is there a law that requires patients to be notified that a negative Lyme test doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t have Lyme disease. There are 100 strains of lyme bacteria and these conventional labs like labcorp and quest are only testing for one.. Not to mention the fact that if you have had Lyme for years, the body may not be producing the antibodies anymore. Why isn't there better testing?! Halperin also says that 2-4 weeks of antibiotics are enough to treat lyme. This is outrageous and he knows that this is a flat out lie. At least two months of antibiotics are needed, and that is if this disease is caught early on,in the acute stage, before it's left to spread thru the body..Once the spirochetes burrow and changes forms it is almost impossible to get rid of. If left untreated promptly after bite, you will develop chronic lyme, and can only get into remission.. Not cured! He also states Lyme is primarily 90% back east..Lyme is all over. He also says that it takes 24-48 hours for a tick to transmit diseases. Willy Burgdorfer, PhD, MD who discovered bacteria that causes Lyme states that there is no safety window, ticks can transmit disease as soon as they bite if it's in their saliva. He says ID docs are testing for co-infections. Ya right-they don't know what they are doing with Lyme Disease let alone know anything about these co-infections...You must see a true Lyme Literate Doctor for help. Halperin when will the lies stop? The truth is going to come out..Lyme advocates are spreading awareness.

avoid

His exam and history taking were very thorough. But something went awry because his letter to my other doctor was littered with errors, 18 in all. His conclusion was laughably ridiculous. Not a doctor you want to see.

Grossly uninformed dr. Aloof.

Incompetent

This man claims to treat Lyme......if you have Lyme stay away from him.

Clearly has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to Lyme disease. Ignorant, rude, waste of degree! Doctors are suppose to be compassionate, clearly wrong profession!

Chronic Lyme Disease does exist and Lyme tests are very inaccurate. A few weeks of antibiotics does not clear up Lyme and co-infections in people who have had this for years...Why can't doctors just tell the truth about this very scary epidemic? So much scandal surrounds this disease. If a few weeks antibiotics rids Lyme then there wouldn't be people all over the world sick with this. The truth will eventually come out.

Chronic Lyme disease patient and administrator of the Florida Lyme league

If chronic Lyme disease isn't proven how can you explain the thousand of people suffering ? You are the reason many patients go without proper treatment and suffer needlessly. Our Lyme community will not be quiet for long. The CDC guidelines for testing and treatment are wrong . We have been ignored for too long . I have met hundreds of people who deal with this illness on a daily basis and I have proof it does exist

This Dr. misrepresents himself in that he claims to be an expert on Lyme Disease, when he is, in fact, seriously misinformed and has his head in the sand.

He doesn't know anything about Lyme, Chronic Lyme or Co-infections...Don't see him! I would rate him a zero if possible!

Glad he is my doctor

Other doctor's dismissed me by saying there was not anything else they could do. Dr Halperin stayed with me offering new thoughts and trying different medication combinations. He is still there for me. I am always thankful that I found him