Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John Hansen-Flaschen has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Wegener Granulomatosis
- Lung Cancer
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I waited 5 month for an appointment. I arrived 30 min early and was taken into the waiting room right away. Which usually is a good thing. Instead I waited 2 hours in the room! A family member was literally pacing in the room because the wait was so long. Good thing I brought something to read. The dr never appologized for taking so long. And started out reading the papers I brought for 10 min right in front of me to learn my case. He asked how I felt in the last 4 weeks and I explained. Then he started the physical exam. Pretty routine at this point. Then he tells me to walk with him. And he proceeds to walk me all over the hospital. Then he wants me to climb stair, which is something that triggers my breathing problem. I could only make it up 4 stairs. Then we walked all the way back to the room. His conclusion was I simple had to push myself more. Really you got that by what medical and scientific methodology? I have autonomic neuropathy and autoimmune disease that causes it. Pushing myself without treatment is dangerous because I cant rescue my breathing with any medicine like lets say someone with COPD or Asthma can. Ridiculous waste of time!
42 Years Experience
New York University
Graduated in 1976
Dr. John Hansen-Flaschen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Hansen-Flaschen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Radnor, PA.