Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Harkless has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John M Harkless has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 35
I Dr Harkless to be a one of the most caring doctors I have seen. I have yet to be turned away. He gives me best care that is possible. He patient and understanding. If he were to move his practice to another city I probably follow as he knows me medically better than anyone else. I would highly recommend him for anybody's family. Other reviews seem quite unfair to someone practicing family medicine!
Working in the medical field I deal with doctors on a daily basis and Wytheville is LUCKY to have Dr. Harkless! I have not seen a doctor answer his own phone or call pts after hours. He was very caring and attentive and spent almost 40 minutes with me on my intial visit. I feel like the comments on this site have been VERY unfair and inaccurate- he is a wonderful physician with a great office staff
Dr. Harkless is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. John M Harkless accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Harkless in this video.
Dr. John M Harkless is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wytheville, VA.