Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John T Heidrick has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
His diagnosis almost cost me my life. Came to him about a possible clot in my leg. Although I had no pulse in my foot, he ordered no MRI. Sonograms came back negative so he ruled it out. He thought it was a back problem!!! Months later I had clots throughout my body, including my blocked artery in leg he examined. I think he needs to be more thorough, not so quick, and not so concerned with money.
Dr. Heidrick is an amazing MDVIP family doctor! He has a new MDVIP practice, very new to Bakersfield. The difference is immediately noticeable--it is a level of service that is completely above the other offices in Bakersfield. You really need to call his office to understand the full benefits of being in his MDVIP practice--it is the only one in the area. Office wait times are under 5 minutes, visits are never rushed, everything about this office is relaxed, professional and focused on me. Joining his practice is mandatory for anyone wanting a personal physician. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!
I've been going to Dr. Heidrick for a couple of years now. I have found that he is very easy to talk to & quickly diagnoses what is wrong. Personally I love the fact that he isn't too quick to write a perscription. He has suggested methods to control some problems that haven't required drugs at all. I would suggest him to anybody. I even sent my mom to him last year & she has become a regular. :)
Dr. Heidrick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Des Peres Hospital
Dr. John T Heidrick accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn Thomas Heidrick Do, 6001 Truxtun Ave Ste 380C, Bakersfield, CA
Dr. John T Heidrick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bakersfield, CA.