Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John S Hergenrother
Dr. John S Hergenrother, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cincinnati, OH, with another office in Ft Mitchell, KY. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Hergenrother is affiliated with Good Samaritan Hospital, St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center and Mercy Hospital of Fairfield. Dr. Hergenrother has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John S Hergenrother has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Chronic Renal Disease
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I have seen many doctors throughout my life, and Dr. Hergenrother is among one of the most thorough and polite doctors I have come across. He spent time with me without making me feel rushed, called another doctor while I was right there in the office with him to ensure the correct information was being relayed. He seems to geniunely care about his patients, and he is so friendly and polite. I truly appreciate his frank discussions as well--he was the only doctor who told me flat out what my diagnosis was, when all the other doctors simply wanted to tiptoe around the issue and not give me answers. He is a fantastic doctor, and I am all too happy to give him my copay each time I visit :)
At the recommendation of a friend, I took my father from the Chicago area to see Dr. Hergenrother in Ohio. He immediately put my very scared and nervous father at ease with his smile, calm demeanor and even a silly joke about a frog. It was just what my dad needed. Beyond that, he was kind, courteous, prompt, an excellent listener and took wonderful care of my father. He was definitely worth the drive.
Dr Hergenrother was caring and took time to answer all my questions. Excellent bedside manner.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Hergenrother is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Northeastern Ohio University College Of Medicine And Pharmacy
Graduated in 1997
Dr. John S Hergenrother accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
Premier Health Plan
- Premier HealthOne
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John S Hergenrother is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.