Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Hering has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. John W Hering has the following 12 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
Dr. John W Hering has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John W Hering is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I highly recommend Dr. Hering! Last year I had a miscarriage and ended up seeing a few different practitioners at the Health Partners Riverside clinic throughout the course of it. Dr. Hering was the most supportive, informative, and the easiest to work with. I have since chosen him as my primary practitioner for my current pregnancy and cannot say enough nice things about him. He is personable, really listens, provides thoughtful ideas, does not talk down to you, is very knowledgeable about diversity, shares recent research he has read, involves my husband in our process, and honestly believes in the importance of providing patients with information so they can make their own decisions. I wish all doctors could be like Dr. Hering.
Friendly, professional, polite, respectful and very knowledgeable. The best doctor we've ever had. I can't recommend him enough.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
34 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Minnesota Health Care System
Dr. John W Hering accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HealthPartners - MN
- HealthPartners MN CareChoices
- HealthPartners MN CentraChoice
- HealthPartners MN Distinctions II
- Preferred One PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHealthpartners Riverside Clinic, 2220 Riverside Ave, Minneapolis, MN
Dr. John W Hering is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.