Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Heywood
Dr. John Heywood, MD, FACC is a Doctor primarily located in Bellevue, WA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Heywood is affiliated with Overlake Medical Center and Evergreen Healthcare. He speaks English.
Dr. John Heywood has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Heywood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Overlake Medical Center
24 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Fletcher Allen Healthcare
Dr. John Heywood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- Premera VA Mason Med Center: Personal Care
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOverlake Medical Clinics Cardiology, 1135 116th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA
Dr. John Heywood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bellevue, WA.