Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Holland
Dr. John Holland, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Newport Beach, CA. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include General Surgery and Family Medicine. Dr. Holland is affiliated with Hoag Hospital Newport Beach, Saddleback Memorial Med Ctr Laguna Hills and Irvine Regional Hospital & Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Holland has the following 2 specialties
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Holland is a great person. I had to look for a new doctor and I came across this man. My first appointment he had me go to the lab and run a full screening on me. At first I didnt know why but come to find out he really wants to know his patients so he can help you the best he can. My last doctor never did labs and never cared to figure out anything. I am a little overweight, he never said anything to me about my weight until I brought it up. He is always so nice and helpful and has some amazing stories to tell. He is only the 2nd doctor that has ever tried to get to know me. I really like Dr Holland and think he is great.
Dr. Holland is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hoag Hospital Newport Beach
Saddleback Memorial Med Ctr Laguna Hills
Irvine Regional Hospital & Medical Center
47 Years Experience
Graduated in 1966
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions355 Placentia Ave, Newport Beach, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Holland in this video.
Dr. John Holland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newport Beach, CA.