Dr. John D Homan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John D Homan?

Experiance

Knowledgeable, Professional

Saved my life

I was having problems and had some chest pain and Dr. Homan told me to go to Hoag ER, so I did and the ER cardiologist said I was fine, Dr. Homan insisted I be admitted and test done that night. Turns out I had major blockage in 3 arteries. Thank you Doc you're the BEST. The best part about Doctor Homan is the way he handles himself. He is by far the best Doctor I have been to and his entire staff is great....Thank you ladies for everything you do.

Exceptional physician. Great personality, compassionate, and knowledgeable. One of the best!

it would be difficult to find a better primary care GP

a caring, listening doctor that takes as much time as you need, and quick to respond to find a medical solution. very easy to talk to, and don't let his casual manner fool you... this is one smart doctor! very little escapes his observations. you would be lucky if he agrees to be your physician.

New patient review

I recently had an appointment with Dr. Homan. Dr. Homan was highly recommended. From the first call I had to the office, the staff was not informative. I had wanted a new patient physical. When I arrived at my appointment Dr. Homan was unaware why I was there. He was frustrated that I had not had blood work completed before the appointment. The staff never told me to have any blood work done beforehand. The Dr. just assumed I had made a mistake. When I had my blood drawn that morning it was done professionally. The results came back within two days. After the results were emailed to me, I called the office. I had wanted to know why some of the numbers were abnormal. The only response I received was a voice mail telling me to disregard the numbers. I sent an email to the doctor, received no response. Dr. Homan seems very knowledgeable, so it is disappointing about my experience. Perhaps if you have been a patient for years the office may have better followup. I will have to find a new doctor.

Uniquely good for older folks

My husband and I sought Dr. Homan out for his expertise in geriatrics. While he practices general medicine and would make a fine family doctor, he was particularly good for my aging husband towards diagnosing and referring to specialists when necessary. He is pleasant, questioning, and spends all the time you need with you, and he honors appointments--doesn't overbook. I unhesitatingly recommend him.

Always friendly and professional

DR Homan has been my doctor for 10 years. He is always amazing, personable, professional.

Don't Waste your Time

Worse doctor experience in my lifetime. Spent 1 hour in the waiting room then 30 minutes in the patient room for 2 minutes with Dr Homan. Plus those "lovely" 2 minutes with him were spent in silence except the one phrase in which he pointed out the obvious to tell me I needed an MRI. Don't schedule appointments with this doctor unless your willing to waste hours of your life for nothing.

John saves lives!

I would tell my friend that if she did not feel well to go and see John to get better. I went for something I thought was simple and actually had high blood pressure. John saved my life and if you want a excellent doctor he will save yours.

Awesome Doctor

Dr. Homan is by far the best doctor I've ever had. He is extremely patient and understanding. Dr. Homan also takes the time to research symptoms before ever handing a script. He is super intelligent and has a great sense of humor. I would highly reccomend him. I've referred several people to him.

great doctor

Great doctor with a very busy schedule. Love that I didn't have to go to so many places for testings. They do ultrasounds and draw blood in the office. I had been having cramping on and off for a few days and was able to get in fairly quickly. I was surprised to have been diagnosed with a blood clot, but was grateful to be given samples of a blood thinner right in the office! Some of the office staffs are polite and helpful. Linda was great at drawing my blood (I've been poked many times before). She explained what blood testings Dr. Homan was ordering and made me feel assured. Dre was always kind and smiled when bringing me back. What I didn't like was hearing one of the staff on her cell phone and talking in Spanish (that's pretty rude in front of patients). She was very unprofessional after taking a difficult call, slamming the phone down, and cursing. I think if there were new patients, they probably wouldn't come back with a service like that. Overall, he is one of the best doctor I've had.

Long Time Family Physician

I feel like I have "known" Dr. Homan (and his staff) most my adult life even though he only became our family physician 25 years ago. Since then, at one time ,he has been by the bedside l of every member of my family when hospitalised,showing concern and caring. He listens and quietly absorbs information, researching options and asking questions. He's a unique individual who has continued to seek education in many fields beyond Internal Medicine and welcomes us every visit,no matter the reason for the appointment. His front office supervisor, Patty,has been with him for decades and I find that consistency reassuring when it comes to understanding appointments, insurance, and prescription refills. I admit that I have a phobia of doctors but a visit to Dr. Homan is always filled with some interesting nuances into diagnostics - and I'm guaranteed to leave with a smile. Can't beat that in this current world of medicine!