Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Honnigford
Dr. John Honnigford, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Evansville, IN. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Honnigford is affiliated with Deaconess Hospital Inc, The Women's Hospital and St Mary's Warrick. Dr. Honnigford has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John Honnigford has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John Honnigford has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. John Honnigford is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I saw this doctor because I needed bloodwork done to check for pancreatitis (a side effect of a medication I was taking), and my endocrinologist could not see me. Dr. Honnigford instead wanted to debate with me as to why I had a total hysterectomy, admonished me for being on the estrogen patch, told me "bowel prolapse is going to be fun," and sent me out the door with a FODMAP diet recommendation. The office never did do my bloodwork, and I ended up in the ER later that night. Horrible, traumatizing experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Honnigford is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Deaconess Hospital Inc
The Women's Hospital
St Mary's Warrick
HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital
Deaconess Gateway Hospital
18 Years Experience
American University of the Caribbean
Graduated in 1998
Wayne State University
Dr. John Honnigford accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsSaint Marys Convenient Care, 5320 Weston Rd, Evansville, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Honnigford in this video.
Dr. John Honnigford is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Evansville, IN.