Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John H Houk has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
I switched to Dr. Houk on the recommendation of a friend. My previous doctor, while competent, had terrible scheduling and long wait times. Dr. Houk is great with his exams and follow-ups, has me on the right medications for my high blood pressure and high cholesterol, and his office staff is also excellent and very patient-friendly. Highly recommended.
41 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. John H Houk accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn H Houk Md Llc, 1329 Lusitana St Ste 308, Honolulu, HI
Dr. John H Houk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.