Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Hughey
Dr. John Hughey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brighton, TN. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Hughey is affiliated with Methodist University Hospital, Nea Medical Center and Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Hughey has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John Hughey is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
I've been seeing Dr. Hughey for two years. In all, I've been about eight times. He's an older, experienced doctor and he's as southern as they come. He really personifies the "country doctor" thing in all the right ways. He's, attentive, thoughtful, and puts some time into what he's doing. Some people hear "country" and have the wrong associations In this case, it means you go see him in a converted house. The furniture is functional, but certainly not luxurious. The decorator probably passed away in the 1980s and they haven't hired a new one. Instead of Memphis style, you get a focus on patient care. Just a really top notch doctor. Also a very friendly and helpful staff. The experience of seeing him reminds me of how things "used to be" and how I wish they still were at other places.
Dr. Hughey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Methodist University Hospital
Nea Medical Center
Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Center
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
Methodist Extended Care Hospital
Health South Rehabilitation Hospital
Crittenden Memorial Hospital
Methodist Hospitals Of Memphis
Nea Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. John Hughey accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
Locations & DirectionsBrighton Medical Clinic, 39 W Woodlawn Ave, Brighton, TN
Dr. John Hughey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brighton, TN.