Dr. John B Hulshoff Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. John B Hulshoff?

GREAT DOCTOR. GREAT NURSE'S AND OFFICE STAFF...

Amazing

From making my appointment to checking out was great. I like how he meets with you in his office rather than half naked on an exam table for the first time. I've gone to the same Dr. since I was 18, now 35. I was so nervous to start new with a different Dr. So meeting in his office for the first time definitely put me at ease. He talked me through everything he was doing, answers all my questions about different birth control methods and helped me make the best decision for me. When it came time for the procedure, again amazing, best bedside manner, again talked me through each step, and answered more questions. I'm sooo glad I found an good Dr. after mine stopped accepting my insurance.

Best doctor!

I don't really understand the bad reviews on here. Dr. Hulshoff is amazing I was a high risk pregnancy due to my weight and gestational diabetes and I couldn't of asked for a better obgyn he was always so caring and I knew me from off of my file. He would always completely explain what could happen to me and baby if something was to go on. I think some of the bad reviews are bull. Dr. Hulshoff has great bed side manor he makes you feel comfortable and he is very blunt and does not sugar coat anything, which is what most doctors lack. I would highly recommend him again and again. I don't think I could ever thank him enough how good he was to me during my first pregnancy when I was terrified most of the time, and he would always reassure me that his main goal is to get a healthy baby and that's what everyone's goal is.

Worst Experience in my life with an OB

I have had two children and we decided to go with a new OB because he was new in town and heard nothing but good things about him. I faulted and did not look at reviews so I really blame myself. But for the most part this was the worst experience we ever had. Short and sweet he prescribed to much medication and to high of a dose for pain. Well it was because we found of we lost the baby and was experiencing a miscarriage. Before this he performed a vaginal ultrasound and I felt he took way to long and his positioning was absolutely horrible. Much more to add but trying to keep it short, anyway it was extremely uncomfortable. Moving on.. I am the husband, I was at work and his office called the wife at home that was in pain and told her John Hulshoff was going to come by the house to check on her and give her the medication. She told the staff it was not necessary because my husband is coming home. So I get off work and about to leave to the Er and Hulshoff shows up.. I told him that this was extremely uncomfortable and asked him to leave. Once again much more can be said this was a horrible experience and it still brothers me and its been months since this happened.

Dr. John Hulshoff is the best ob/gyn Ive ever seen. Ive been threw a lot of different doctors bc no one could help me or I just didnt like them. But Dr. Hulshoff is a doctor that you can talk to, he answers all your questions, makes you feel comfortable, and is just all the way around amazing! I will never go anywhere else!

I personally do not understand the previous 2 reviews stating Dr. Hulshoff is rude and has no bedside manner. This could not be farther from the truth. I have been seeing him since 2008, and he is by FAR the most amazing doctor I have ever seen. He spends as much time with you as you need and listens to everything you have to say. He goes above and beyond. He is so kind and caring and makes you feel comfortable talking with him. If I ever move away from the area, I would be willing to drive a couple hours to see him as I will never ever use another obgyn. I have recommended him to 3 of my friends, and they all loved him, just like I do. If you want someone who has amazing bedside manner, is caring, and will do everything he can to help you if you are having a problem, then he is the doctor you need to see.

If I could give him 0 stars I would. I have also heard from nurses patients complain about his horrible bedside manner. I would not recommend him at all. Find someone who is not rude and inconsiderate. Staff in office are very nice. He on the other hand needs to learn people skills.

Unprofessional and rude.. commonwealth obgyn located at forest/skipwith hospital in rva.

Dr. Hulshoff is by far the best doctor I've ever had. He never rushes, and explains everything to you and answers any question you have. He is very kind and compassionate. I would recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing obgyn.

Very compassionate and understanding doctor. I did not feel rushed during my visit as often times I feel I am in and out before I realize I still had questions.

The worst doctor in town!!!