Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John D Hunkeler
Dr. John D Hunkeler, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Overland Park, KS. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Hunkeler is affiliated with Saint Luke's North Hospital Hospital Ear, Nose and Throat Center and Belton Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John D Hunkeler has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Macular Degeneration
- Near Sightedness (Myopia)
- Lasik Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Eye Pain
- Corneal Transplantation
- Vision Issues
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Eye Exam
- Diabetic Retinopathy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
As a patient, I definitely felt like "just one of a number" that were being cranked thru the office as fast as possible. After being tossed from staffer to staffer to staffer, I finally got to see the Doctor. He spent MAYbe 3 minutes with me. I had wanted to further discuss an inherited eye disease, but he was pretty much done, in his mind. Wrote the script and out the door.
At Hunkeler Eye Institute, we are dedicated to personalized care. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your appointment and concerns that were not addressed to your satisfaction. Please call our office 913-338-4733.
Dr. Hunkeler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
University Of Kansas Medical Center
Dr. John D Hunkeler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHunkeler Eye Institute, 7950 College Blvd Ste B, Overland Park, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John D Hunkeler in this video.
Dr. John D Hunkeler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Overland Park, KS.