Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John C Huntwork has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John C Huntwork has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 18
Staff is very rude via the phone. There are no manners and they seem to forget that clients are the reason they all have jobs. I couldn't speak on behalf of the doctor or his ability b/c I never got a chance to meet him. I couldn't get past how rude the office staff is. Also, I was quickly and rudely informed that they don't contact patients after they have received a referral.
I saw this doctor for many years and WAS very satisfied. Excellent diagnostician. When staff changed a few years ago, courtesy left also. They are rude and arrogant. Some of them apparrently went to medical school as they diagnosed me on the phone and determined I did not need to see the doctor, without even consulting him. Another rheumatologist determined I needed further treatment. Dr. Huntwork's clerical staff ought to stick to filing and making appointments.
He was able to help slow the progression of my r.a. sometimes you have to wait. But i will wait for a good doctor.
Dr. Huntwork is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Baptist Memorial Hospital
Dr. John C Huntwork accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsJohn C Huntwork Md, 4211 Hospital St Ste 206, Pascagoula, MS
Dr. John C Huntwork is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pascagoula, MS.