Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John V Ioia
Dr. John V Ioia, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kingston, NY. He has 40 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Ioia is affiliated with Healthalliance Hospital Marys Avenue Campus and Healthalliance Hospital Broadway Campus. Dr. Ioia has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John V Ioia has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
Dr. Ioia is a brilliant orthopedic surgeon. My husband and I have been his patients for the past 5 years and are completely satisfied with the excellent care we have received which includes a hip replacement, and treatrments for knee and ankle injuries. His recommendations for treatment are sensible and cost-aware -- no outlandish and treatment recommendations are made unlike some other orthopedic specialists I have seen in the past. His staff are professional and caring.
I have no idea why folks would write bad reviews here. The staff is great and the Doctor, is the best. I had been told by several doctors that I would need surgery for my shoulder injury. I went for another opinion- my friend told me to see Dr Ioia before going through with the surgery- I am GLAD I did. He sent me for PT to see if it would work, rather than doing surgery as a FIRST choice, like the other docs wanted. PT and 1 year later, my shoulder is great-I am so happy my friend told me to see Dr Ioia. Saved me $ and my precious time (no recovery time from surgery). I didn't lose any work time and I am greatful to Dr Ioia.
My husband went to John V. Ioia, MD this past spring and we were very dissatisfied with the results. He spent about five minutes with my husband and gave him an injection for bursitis. This was completely incorrect. We finally went to a pain management doctor in Albany that treated him for an entirely different spinal condition. Since the trip to Albany, my husband has been much better. In my opinion, ohn V. Ioia, MDr is a hack.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Ioia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
40 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1978
Albany Medical Center
Dr. John V Ioia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKingston Bone & Joint Center, 367 Broadway, Kingston, NY
Dr. John V Ioia is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Kingston, NY.