Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John F Irving
Dr. John F Irving, MD is a Doctor primarily located in North Haven, CT. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Irving is affiliated with Milford Hospital and Yale-New Haven Hospital. Dr. Irving has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John F Irving has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Joint Replacement
- Joint Pain/Swelling
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 36
My hip was bad...so much pain it impacted the quality of my life. Dr. Irving, his PA and his very professional staff told me I needed a hip replacement. I was very anxious over the surgery. They put me completely at ease. I was told (and shown) what would be done, it was performed exactly as indicated. I felt no pain. The outcome was perfection. This is a competent, careful, tuned in, empathetic, expert. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
his nurse (Rachel ) is so rude - does not return calls and does not call meds in when she said she would - her tone and attitude needs adjusting - I will never go back just because the thought of dealing with her again is not appealing
I know that there are many orthopedic specialists but Dr. Irving stands out because of his kindness, professionalism and the expertise of his two-incision surgery, which he used on both my hips for bilateral surgery. I was in the hospital 4 days, went directly home as opposed to a rehab center, and was driving in a little over 3 weeks. Amazing.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Irving is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. John F Irving accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Orthopaedic Group, 100 Broadway, North Haven, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John F Irving in this video.
Dr. John F Irving is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Haven, CT.