Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John M Itamura
Dr. John M Itamura, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Itamura is affiliated with Orthopaedic Institute For Children, Antelope Valley Hospital and Huntington Hospital. Dr. Itamura has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John M Itamura has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John M Itamura has the following 14 expertise
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
Dr. John M Itamura has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John M Itamura is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 73
Dr. Itamura so ripped and tore my shoulder muscles, etc. during a rotator cuff repair surgery that I still have pain 3+ years post surgery. I also cannot walk due to excessive numbers (12 total), and high dosages of the anesthesia drugs given to me for that surgery. I am now incredibly disabled because of what he did to me. Do NOT trust this doctor with your body or life. He will wreck you and deny it, leaving you to suffer the consequences of his actions for the rest of your life. Find a far more competent doctor. He has damaged many of his patients, especially the older ones as his attitude suggests that he discriminates against patients older than himself. He is far more careful and respectful of those younger than him -- so far.
I had to wait 4 hours EVERY time I saw him. Then I'd only get a few minutes of his time. Ii now NEED a shoulder replacement cuz he wrecked my upper arm and shoulder muscles. I was given way too much anesthesia, and now can't walk. Yes, I've been crippled too, by this sorry excuse of a man. Stay away, unless you want to be hurt. He was also abusive. Could not have been a worse experience.
I had a rare traumatic elbow injury from a horse accident in South Africa. My elbow had violently dislocated and I had a vascular injury (occluded brachial artery). After seeing other highly regarded orthapedic surgeons, no one wanted felt equipped to do my surgery due to its complexity. Dr. Itamura and his staff got me in quickly for an evaluation and scheduled surgery immediately. He was confident, kind and professional. The surgery went better than I could have expected/such a huge relief to me and my family. If something went wrong I could have lost my arm. As a bonus, since he knew I was driving over an hour for all post-op visits he made sure I saw all the specialists I needed to in one visit. Highly recommend him (staff is magnificent too). For us it was worth the 70 minute drive and I'm so grateful to him for repairing my elbow.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Itamura is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Graduated in 1989
Dr. John M Itamura accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKerlan Jobe Orthopaedic Clinic, 1700 E Cesar E Chavez Ave Ste 1400, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Itamura in this video.
Dr. John M Itamura is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.