Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John J Burns MD
Dr. John J Burns, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Brunswick, NJ. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. John J Burns has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John J Burns has the following 20 expertise
- High Cholesterol
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. John J Burns - Posted on October 19th, 2015
STAY FAR AWAY!!!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John J Burns - Posted on March 22nd, 2015
Was dying while under this doctor's "care". Found new cardiologist & got my life back! 2 days after valve replacement surgery my heart stopped. I was in ICU for a week. My cardiologist NEVER came to see me & did not return calls to my wife! Office visits after lengthy recovery were dismissive at best!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John J Burns - Posted on January 12th, 2012
44 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. John J Burns Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Health Garden State
More about Dr. John J Burns
Dr. John Burns received his undergraduate degree from Seton Hall University and medical degree from Hahnemann University. He completed his internship at the University of California, Irvine, residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, and cardiology fellowship at Presbyterian Hospital-University of Pennsylvania Medical Center. Dr Burns returned to UMDNJ as a member of the medical school faculty before joining Cardiology Associates of New Brunswick. Dr. Burns is an author of numerous manuscripts on cardiovascular disease. He is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, and a Fellow of the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions. He has served as Director of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory at St. Peter’s Medical Center and on the Board of Directors of the Middlesex and Hunterdon-Somerset County chapters of the American Heart Association. Dr. Burns has been listed in 'America's Best Doctors' and 'New York Metro Area Top Doctors.’
Locations & DirectionsCARDIOLOGY ASSOCIATES OF NEW BRUNSWICK, 593 Cranbury Rd, East Brunswick, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John J Burns, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in East Brunswick, NJ, in this video.
Dr. John J Burns is similar to the following 4 Doctors near East Brunswick, NJ.