Have you seen Dr. John J Costa?

Great Doctor

I am pretty choosy when it come to health care providers. I actually looked forward to my visits with Dr. Costa. First, he is funny which I find relaxing. Second he is more than thorough and took extensive notes at each visit. I saw him many years ago and wish I had never moved away. He is an exceptional physician.

Doctor Costa has been my allergist for the past 17 years. I went from using the inhaler and steroids every spring and fall to not needing them! He is very attentive, remembers the details about his patients, has great bedside manners. I am very happy with him and recommended him to friends and colleagues.

outstanding doctor

I had a chronic cough for 13 years. Saw 7 different doctors, ENTs, Allergists, Pulmonary, PCPs to no avail. One visit to Dr. Costa cured my long time nagging cough.

poor review

Dr. Costa was running 45 mins late for my initial appointment. When he came in to meet me for the first time, he shook my hand, never looked at me or made eye contact, then asked me to move my bag from the chair beside me. When I moved it to a counter space, he said "Move it off there too, I need that space", which I promptly did. He then staring silently at my chart. I collected myself and the courage to asked him if there was a reason why we were running so late, as I was worried about missing work appointments. He said "Because you were late." I was very surprised to say the least as I arrived at 9:22 for a 9:20 appointment (and only because I had been misdirected to the wrong floor by security staff). I explained I was not late, and he said then it was probably due to the fact that I hadn't filled in the paperwork prior to my arrival (which I had!). Then he tried to explain that he wasn't aware that I had been placed in the consulting room. When I explained I was in the midst of trying to change to work appointments which I would not miss, he seemed nonplussed. I asked him if it was commonplace for him to run this late, and he sloughed me off. This is a doctor with an ego large than his medical degree. He lacks compassion and understanding. I recommend looking elsewhere as his response and ability to communicate warmly and in a kind, caring fashion is non-existent. In the end, he ended the appointment by saying he would not care for me, and I should find another doctor. An absolute first for me, and the only time I have ever even heard of this happening. I have been suffering from hives for four months and had waited a long time for this appointment. This doctor's inability to deal with patients on a human level is outrageous. He needs to examine his approach.

Fabulous doctor

My children and I have been seeing Dr. Costa for 20+ years and he is amazing. I trust him for everything. I highly recommend him.

Dr. John J Costa is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chestnut Hill, MA.