Dr. John J Davis Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. John J Davis?

I like Dr. Davis, he is easy to talk to, and knows medicine, but the office is poorly run. I called on 1.22 for a referral to a urologist for Feb.1. I have to have lab work for this appoint so I went on the 24th for that. Was told at the urologist's office that BC/BS would not pay for the lab work without referral. The referral had never been done. I called Dr. Davis' office from my urologist's office and was told by the person who I'd spoken to on the 22nd that she would take care of it. Meanwhile, I'm still in the specialist's office waiting for the referral to be faxed to them. 30 minutes later, it's still not there. I called back, this time, I got Derrick. I explained to him what happened and he said he never got the request. I asked him to please expedite the referral because it was already 30 minutes past my lab appointment. ONE HOUR later it was still not there. I then asked the person at the urologist's office desk to call for me. She got Derrick. Finally, ten minutes later the referral was faxed through. At this point, the lab people in the specialist's office had gone to lunch. I was told I'd have to come back at 1:00 p.m. I go back at 1:00 and get the lab work done. What should have been a ten minute lab workup took me three hours, all because my referral was not called in. There have been at least three other instances where my phone calls to Dr. Davis' office were not returned. I will be looking for a new primary physician.

Dr Davis was my doctor when I lived here several years ago. I'm moving back and am very happy for Dr Davis to be my doctor again. He always took care of my needs in a friendly, profeessional manner. He is an excellent general practice doctor.

Review Participents

Dr. John J. Davis and his staff, in my opinion, should not be reviewed by persons who do not give their ID or name.. Stand up or shut up.. "Judge not, that you be not judged".. Matt.7:1..

My MD for 30 +/- years

Doctor Davis has been there for me in good and bad times. In my opinion, he and his staff are top knoch. I dont like waiting at times but its worth the wait, knowing that he is taking care of a emergency, when Im there for a regular appointment.

Would not recommend Dr. Davis to my worst enemy

Dr. Davis sent his nurse to visit with me. I rarely saw him and everytime his nurse gave me a prescribtion it always made me sicker. No one ever followed up with me about my illness and completely over looked what was actually wrong with me. I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. I have luckily found a new doctor who is 100% hands on with his patients and shows genuine care for your health and well being.

LOVE DR. DAVIS. HE IS VERY CARING AND TAKES THE TIME TO TALK WITH HIS PATIENTS.

Lady

I am in process of changing doctors also. Wish I had ready these reviews before also. Rude and staff is also rude and slow. Can not get a call back for medicines refill have to get all upset over staff to get anything done. Dr. Davis will not let you talk and he talks over you and argues when you tell him something. Does not look at me and looks at nurse. I got medicine for high blood pressure and have no clue why. Never had blood pressure problems until I had to deal with his staff and him.

Rude, Uncaring Staff; Know It ALL Doctor

Making my appointment was easy. But the wait time to see the doctor was horrible. My appointment was early in the morning; I waited almost 45 min just to see him. His staff have no beside manners and are rude. The nurses have no respect for patient modesty, They could care less about exposing your most precious areas. The office is dated. And they make you have test done that are unnecessary and then charge you an arm and a leg for each test. Highest new patient fee ever! I had a horrible experience and will never return.

rude, obnoxious, outrageous.

Never met a dr. so unprofessional. He was rude, condescending, utterly riculious. Do not waste your time with this maniac.

patients and parents beware..

This was an utter shock and gives all medical professionals a bad name. Rude, zero respect, ego maniac for no apparent reason. Not knowledgeable nor helpful. OVER a two hour wait with only one other patient being seen. Don't waste your time, money nor dignity at this place.

Just horrible

I am in agreement with the previously posted comments. Waiting times are horrible. He is offensive, tries to push his religious beliefs onto you. If he would spend as much time talking to you about your medical problem(s) (What you're paying him for!), instead of jesus, then maybe things could be accomplished. He barely listens to anything you say, uses big medical terms, not bothering to explain (even when asked), and constantly interrupts you if you attemp to ask a question. I will not be seeing this doctor again. If I wanted this kind of in/out service, I'd go to Taco Bell.

I am sorry I can't still see Dr Davis

Dr Davis may have saved my life back in 1990, and I will always be more than grateful to him.

Dr. John J Davis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Birmingham, AL.