Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Dougherty
Dr. John Dougherty, MD, FACOG is a Doctor primarily located in West Reading, PA, with other offices in Reading, PA and Reading, PA (and 2 other locations). He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Dougherty is affiliated with The Reading Hospital and Medical Center, Reading Hospital & Medical Center and Southampton Memorial Hospital, Franklin, Va. Dr. Dougherty has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John Dougherty has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. John Dougherty has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. John Dougherty has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Dougherty is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
although it will be 3 years since dr. dougherty delivered my beautiful baby girl i just want to say that i was very impressed with his work! he made me feel very comfortable and let me know that it wasnt impossible to PUSH!! I would recommend him to anyone, and if i were to ever have another child i would def. want him to help me once again!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Dougherty is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
Reading Hospital & Medical Center
Southampton Memorial Hospital, Franklin, Va
17 Years Experience
Graduated in 1996
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Dougherty in this video.
Dr. John Dougherty is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Reading, PA.