Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John J Kim MD
Dr. John J Kim, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Upland, CA, with other offices in Fontana, CA and Upland, CA . He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. John J Kim has 3 locations
591 N 13th Ave Ste 5
Upland, CA 91786
591 N 13th Ave Ste 5
Upland, CA 91786
Book Online Now
Dr. John J Kim has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John J Kim has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 3 of 3
Don't go, I was almost in tears.
Self-verified patient of Dr. John J Kim - Posted on February 8th, 2014
My "appointment" was at his desk, which was covered in mail. The first thing he said, "Do you have a problem?" After I explain my symptoms he told me it was all in my head. Very rude, disconnected & seemed to be busy with everything else. Them while we were talking answered his cell phone. Continued to talk & laugh while I stared at him & disbelief. He then walked out without saying anything. I went to the front & made it clear I wasn't happy. They told me it was the hospital on the phone & he had to answer it. I paid for that time to address an issue of concern & left fustersted! I will not return. The appointment was a joke
Don't go to this doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John J Kim - Posted on July 14th, 2013
On my first visit to see Dr. Kim, all he did was sit behind his desk and not make eye contact which made me feel like he didn't care about what I was saying. When I was done talking he told me I needed to have a endoscopy done. I said okay and he sent me on my way. I set up my appointment for it. When I got there a few weeks later, I was called back to have a nurse out and IV in my hand. It was the worst pain I had ever had with IVs the nurse kept re adjusting it to try to get the fluids going and it would barley work. She said she thinks she hit a nerve but didnt do anything about it. An hour later I started crying because of the pain it was causing me. A different nurse finally came in and took the IV out and put it in my other hand. She didnt hit a nerve its called a valve :/They finally took me in for the endoscopy to be done. They gave me oxygen and gave me the medicine to put me to sleep. I woke up TWICE during the procedure in horrible pain in my throat and stomach and raised my hands and the nurses slammed them down on the bed. When I woke up towards the end, the nurse have my boyfriend the paper work and pictures and told him it looks like I have acid deterioration in my stomach which there is no such thing! Mind you that was the same nurse who messed up my IV and wasn't even in the room during the procedure! Dr.Kim didnt even come talk to me after! It has been two days and my stomach is in constant pain and so is my hand. This doctor is horrible and so is his nurses who need to go back to school to learn what things really are!! I HIGHLY reccomend to NOT go to this doctor!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John J Kim - Posted on July 3rd, 2011
50 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. John J Kim Accepts the Following Insurance
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John J Kim is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Upland, CA.