Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hepatitis C Facts about hepatitis C: the signs, symptoms and who is most at risk.
- IBS Facts about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John O'Brien
Dr. John O'Brien, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Southfield, MI, with other offices in Southfield, MI and Omaha, NE (and 5 other locations). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology. Dr. O'Brien is affiliated with St. Mary Mercy Hospital, Providence Park Hospital and Providence Hospital and Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John O'Brien has the following 1 specialty
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. John O'Brien has the following 7 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Diabetes Complications
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. John O'Brien has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John O'Brien is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. O'Brien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Mary Mercy Hospital
Providence Park Hospital
Providence Hospital and Medical Center
St John Detroit Riverview Hospital
Alegent Health Lakeside Hospital
Creighton University Medical Center
Alegent Immanuel Medical Center
Saint Joseph Mercy Livingston Hospital
Providence Hospital - Southfield
Mercy Hospital - St. Louis, MO
Childrens Hospital Minneapolis
32 Years Experience
University of Missouri at Columbia
Graduated in 1981
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John O'Brien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southfield, MI.