Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Regan has the following 3 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Age-Related Problems
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 48
This high profile orthopedic surgeon has been using advertising and clinical trial spine studies just to get prospective patients to his medical office. Unfortunately, I was a victim of a poorly planned and executed L4-L5 partial medial factectomy and foraminotomies. Dr. Regan made a gross surgical error in my operation thus causing a hole in the dura which had to be immediately, and surgically repaired. I was left in constant pain after my operation. He nor his surgical fellow would admit to any wrongdoing. Business as usual. His office is quite busy and no personal follow-up was ever given to me. Please do yourself a favor and research a more trustworthy and reliable surgeon for assessment and treatment of any complex, degenerative spinal disorder.
Absolute worst office staff ever. After being in the medical field myself I am truly appalled at the lack of skill and compassion of a medical office staff. Honestly I am shocked the doctor, who is known world wide has any follow up patients what so ever. Due to lack of organization, inability to return simple phone calls and total lack of compassion I would not recommend this physician to anyone. The aggrevation of dealing with his office staff is not worth the wait of seeing Dr. Regan. I really wish he would do a complete overhaul of his employees, it would make him and his talent stand out instead of everyone complaining about his horrible staff.
Dr Regan is a professional ,very knowledgable and experienced and self confidence..he spent a lot of time with explaining everything with me. he didn't rush me and he spends as much time with as you need. He is kind and caring and also funny. He did an outstanding job on my Surgery and always had the confidence that he would before . His Nurse Deena , is a ball of Sunshine that makes you feel like you are the only patient there. She responds to all texts and emails that you send her. I was super anxious and asked a lot of questions and she was always there for me. Dr Sharlu is excellent.,he took an off hours call for me after surgery , and was so nice and explained everything to me and I instantly calmed down. I wouldn't go to anyone other Orthepedic surgeon or office .
40 Years Experience
State University Of New York Upstate Medical University
Graduated in 1978
University Of North Carolina Health System
Dr. John J Regan accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John J Regan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, NC.