Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Schmidt has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
Dr. John J Schmidt has the following 11 expertise
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Actinic Keratosis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Cancer
Dr. John J Schmidt has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 10
I am the referring MD for the patient who unfairly rated Dr. Schmidt titled "not into aesthetics". The mole had to be removed by the tangential technique due to its unusual shape and the need to provide the pathologist with the entire lesion. The nevus was atypical and could have turned cancerous later in the patient's life. A small flat white scar in place of a potential cancer? Unfortunately some patient's fail to put things into proper perspective and complain irresponsibly!
I have seen Dr. Schmidt several times for different problems. He is very friendly and a good conversationlist which helps make me feel comfortable during surgical procedures. His skills at surgery are that of a plastic surgeon but at much lower fees. He will not suggest a surgical procedure unless it is medically necessary...I respect this very much.
I went to Dr. Schmidt after being referred by my regular md. I just needed to get a mole removed. I've had other moles removed. Usually, the doctor removes them in such a way as to avoid scarring. Not Dr. Schmidt! Rather than slicing it off and using a stitch to reduce the possibility of scarring, he uses a cauterizing device that maximizes scarring. I now have a scar that is bigger and more annoying than the mole he removed. Plus, he talked about himself the whole time. I won't be returning under any circumstances.
You had a pre-cancerous mole that had to be removed in a manner giving the pathologist adequate tissue to exam. It is unfortunate that you healed less than your expectations. This ws not a cosmetic procedure...it was a necessary procedure safe-guarding your life.You should be grateful the mole is removed so that you would not have developed a fatal melanoma later.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Schmidt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Boston University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. John J Schmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
Rocky Mountain Health
- Rocky Mountain Good Health and Vista HMO PPO
- Rocky Mountain Summit Group
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn Joseph Schmidt Md, 509 W 17th St, Pueblo, CO
Dr. John J Schmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pueblo, CO.