Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Wilkins has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John J Wilkins has the following 17 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Mental Illness
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 66
I think Dr. Wilkins is great. Others can have their own opinions but I've been seeing him for at least 8yrs now. He takes time to ask how your doing & how life in general is going..makes sure all my meds are working right. If I need any kind of adjustments on my meds he does whatever he could to help. It's hard to find certain doctors you really like. I myself wouldn't want anyone other then Dr. Wilkins to be my psychiatrist. That's why after I moved I drive over an hour one way to see him. Even his secretary is very nice & very helpful. I would recommend him to anyone in the area that needs a good psychiatrist.
Not sure what any of you people are talking about giving Dr Wilkins a bad review. He is great guy. He listened to my problems and gave me the nessacary medication that I needed. He also said that I could call or email him if I have any problems. Don't ruin a good doctors name because your angry over something that is most likely your fault.
Dr. John J Wilkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn J Wilkins Do, 239 Taunton Blvd Ste A2, Medford, NJ
Dr. John J Wilkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Medford, NJ.