Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Worthington III
Dr. John Worthington III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Worthington is affiliated with Metrowest Medical Center, Quincy Mental Health Center and Caritas Holy Family Hospital & Medical Center. Dr. Worthington has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John Worthington III has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. John Worthington III has the following 9 expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. John Worthington III has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Worthington III is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
No kindness or sympathy. Cold and a man of few words. Good at pushing multiple drugs at the same time. Which keeps you coming back with multiple side effects. That is his motive. Fill up his appointments Never believes when you tell him how you feel. He makes you feel inferior. Looks good on paper. Sucks in real life
-Has the sympathy of a rock.-Was more worried about making you part of a study he could write about in medical journals.-Really felt under-served by him for someone so well educated and recognized in psychiatric community-Once I was seen under another psychiatrist's care he found the right combination of meds and my quality of life improved.-I feel his priority is studies and not the patients themselves.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Worthington is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Metrowest Medical Center
Quincy Mental Health Center
Caritas Holy Family Hospital & Medical Center
Massachusetts General Hospital
Erich Lindemann Mental Health Center
23 Years Experience
Graduated in 1990
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions15 Parkman St, Boston, MA
Dr. John Worthington III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.