Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Young has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Pediatric Diabetes
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Male Circumcision
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Young is helpful, knowledgeable, and articulate. However, in our 5 years of visiting his office, I am now just starting to feel like the best interest of my children is secondary to the influence of the insurance companies and school nurses that he is pressured by. Additionally, I have always had to wait 30+ minutes before seeing him and his up front staff is rude about 70% of the time. The nurses, however, are excellent. I know in terms of knowledge and experience, he's one of the best out there, but we're looking for another pediatrician...one who puts our children's needs before all others.
Dr. Young is a great man and a great Dr. he is just too busy and his staff is HORRIBLE! I have moved my child from his office and would like to warn new mommies that it is VERY hard to change doctors after the baby is born. It took me 18 months so be careful and check out the dr before deciding. It was a huge mistake for me to go to him!
Dr. Young is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1990
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. John M Young accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- FirstCare PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Scott and White
- Scott and White PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPanhandle Pediatric Group Pa, 1500 S Coulter St Ste 1, Amarillo, TX
Dr. John M Young is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Amarillo, TX.