Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John J Janick
Dr. John J Janick, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Charlotte, FL. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Janick is affiliated with Charlotte Regional Medical Center. Dr. Janick has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John J Janick has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John J Janick has the following 22 expertise
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Growth Disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Pregnancy Complications
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Geriatric Medicine
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Nutritional Support
- Lipid Disorders
- Gland Issues
Dr. John J Janick has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 37
First meeting found Dr. Janick curt, irritated,and rude - claiming my case was far too "confusing" to supervise overall care - but went on to schedule outside appts and prescribe RX's for my Hyperthyroidism. (Fortunately, I researched and found out that one Med was a serious contradiction to a heart Med I was still taking; and I was told I was right not to mix them!) The second appointment started with the Dr already agitated, scolding me against asking any possible questions or sharing important recent info from his perscribed Tests and Consults. I was admonished for requesting any explanation on the numerous Test results before him. I left "in the dark", frustrated and shocked. Feeling abused and disrespected I realized that at 65 yrs. - having survived many O.R.'s and serious conditions - I've "been around the track", and recognize that this kind of offensive behavior is a warning to me that the Dr. may be threatened or overwhelmed. Surely his credentials are superior and he's helped many others; , but perhaps he is way past retirement. (See similar experiences by others...WISH IS HAD READ THEM FIRST !!) Good Luck!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2009)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Janick is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1971
Dr. John J Janick accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn J Janick Md, 1649 Tamiami Trl Unit 1C, Port Charlotte, FL
Dr. John J Janick is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Charlotte, FL.