Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Jobe
Dr. John Jobe, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Florence, SC, with another office in Florence, SC. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Pathology and Cytopathology. Dr. Jobe is affiliated with Women's Center of Carolinas Hospital System, McLeod Medical Center - Dillon and Lake City Community Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John Jobe has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Similar to what pathologists do, cytopathologists analyze specimens in a lab to help your doctor diagnose your condition. However, cytopathologists primarily analyze cells from tissues, tumors and lesions in order to detect disease, whereas pathologists primarily focus on bodily fluid samples.
The most common example of this is pap smears, which cytopathologists use to detect and study the precursors to cervical cancer in women. Additionally, they help oncologists detect blood cancers and blood disorders. You can think of all pathologists as a type of lab consultant for doctors. You consult with your doctor and then he or she often consults with a pathologist who uses lab testing to confirm what they suspect your condition might be.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Jobe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Women's Center of Carolinas Hospital System
McLeod Medical Center - Dillon
Lake City Community Hospital
Mcleod Regional Medical Center
Marion County Medical Center
Carolinas Hospital System
Carolinas Hosp System -East, Florence, Sc
Mcleod Regional Medical Ctr Of The Pee Dee
Saint Eugene Med Ctr
McLeod Regional Medical Center, Carolinas, McLeod Medical Center Dillon
Cardinas Hospital Systems
22 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Dr. John Jobe accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Jobe in this video.
Dr. John Jobe is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, SC.