Dr. John L Joliff Is this you?

9 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. John L Joliff?

Saved my husbands life

Dr. Joliff saved my husbands life after his cardiologist at Kansas Heart Hospital performed 7 way bypass that failed & resulted in my husband having bypass. The cardiologist told me my husband had 1 year to live because he would keep having heart attacks. I researched cardiologists & chose Dr. Joliff. It is the best decision I ever made. He first step was to change the medication he was on, which made my husband feel better. Over the years, he has had to insert 3 more stents, I because of a blood clot stuck in the stent. He continues to work every day, but after his last cardiac cath, I have been kept aware of what is going on & not the dire predictions like the last cardiologist. It has been around a decade since my husbands previous doctor told me he would die within 1 year. He has slowed down, but most people, who have worked hard manual labor, all their life, do tend to slow down when they hit their 60's (or close to it). He has other health issues, so I do my part as a retired nurse & I monitor his B/P, heart rate & rhythm, listen to his heart rate & breath sounds & if he is having pain, I want to know the location & a description of the pain, whether sharp, dull, tightening sensation, etc. He monitors his blood sugar levels twice a day. He has other health issues, but many have said that had we listened to the first cardiologist, he wouldn't' be alive. Patients have to be proactive when it comes to their healthcare & fight to live. Read as much as you can about your health problems & learn how to protect yourself & improve your health. It can be done, if you rely on yourself instead of hoping your physician will guess what is going on with you. Dr, Joliff has been a God send & I'm so glad we chose him for my husband's cardiologist & now he is also mine..