Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Burke
Dr. John Burke, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Walnut Creek, CA, with other offices in Oakland, CA and Berkeley, CA . He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine. Dr. Burke is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus, Alta Bates Medical Summit Center - Herrick Campus and John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. John Burke has the following 1 specialty
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
Dr. John Burke is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Burke sent a very sick kidney dialysis patient home with oral medication that contracted shingles. After a few days the patient had brain seizures at work and had to be induced in a coma. It turned for the worse when the patient had a serious brain infection, due to this doctors complete lack of medical training. The patient should have been hospitalized and had a spinal tab to determine if the virus traveled to his brain. A person is better off seeing a Vet.
I had the most horrible experience with this ER Doctor. first of, he wrote out a prescription for me that i didnt ask for or need. he lets his personally crap get in the way of his job.its no wonder he is being sued left and right.he is a vindictive ,conniving, thief and a scammer. he takes advantage of elderly citizens of their vulnerability. bi would never recommend this doctor to anyone on their death bed.
Dr. Burke is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates Campus
Alta Bates Medical Summit Center - Herrick Campus
John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
Walnut Creek Campus
Alta Bates Summit Med Ctr
Alta Bates Med Center
21 Years Experience
Graduated in 1992
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Burke in this video.
Dr. John Burke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Walnut Creek, CA.